Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sweet Grandma's sunset

The joy of Beauty.
I received the news yesterday afternoon that my grandma, the loveliest of all lovelies, passed away yesterday morning.  She was 92 years old.   We knew her health had been declining over the past year but her issues breathing was a very recent issue. I spoke to my mom yesterday and today and she is doing ok, sad but reassured that she passed quickly and very peacefully.  The family and I are doing ok.  Tears come but I am also thankful for the quality quality time spent with her my last two trips to the US.  Such a gift.  God shows His immense goodness and love in all seasons of life.

Please pray for our family as we grieve her absence yet celebrate her final rest with the Love of her life.

Things I learned from grandma:
  • What a perfect sweet potato pie tastes like
  • Knowing the value of and time that goes into hand-sewn clothing
  • Hospitality
  • The importance of cooking and eating well
  • Appreciating the beauty of a tree
  • How to love fiercely despite hurt and difficulty
  • Resilience
  • The transforming power of lively relationship with Jesus especially for us, the imperfect ones
and so much more. . .

Follow this link for a video of her (and me in the background) doing one of her favorite things:  http://youtu.be/czo_qHdylNs?list=UUq-9V2yjSl-SO7m_EcKiDVg



1 comment:

  1. Grandma, as she gave me permission to call her, welcomed me with love and always a warm smile. I know (because I can feel it for myself) her soul will continue to shine on you and your family. What a great teacher you had Simone! "The loveliest of all lovelies", a fitting term to describe her. Thank you for sharing what you learned from her. Would love to hear more.

    Bises,

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete