Thursday, September 11, 2014

News I could use

I got my 1st nearly frantic email today from a dear friend.  You know who you are:)
"You have to keep me updated! I'm seeing too much on the news. Where are you, what's going on?"
I replied:
Hey there.  Hmm, perhaps you need to change the channel, friend:) I'm still here, still well, thank God. . .
Lesson #4: Words are powerful. In times of stress be careful about what you read and what you say.

I honestly don't understand why the forecasts are so grim.

I've begun to limit my intake and will start to be very selective about my sources of information because the news isn't so much news as it is mundane (so-and-so donated such-and-such) or horrific.

News stories I wish I'd see more of:
  • "Do you know someone who lives in or had recently returned from Liberia? How you can support them"
  • "Non-sensational, factual sources of information on the epidemic"
  • "Life in a time of Ebola: Activities you think you can't do but can"
  • Statistics: How those who got it got it, how unlikely it is for the average Joe to get it. 
  • Reliable organizations to partner with in the fight against Ebola
  • Stress management tips for family and friends of Ebola region dwellers
  • Uses for bleach you never knew
  • Surprising uses for hand sanitizer

No comments:

Post a Comment