Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Journey from Benin to Liberia

Before Liberia there was Benin.

What a blessing Benin was!! My mom joined me in Ghana about 1 month before I left Benin. In Ghana I attended an Africa region Education Officer’s conference. After the conference we returned to Benin. Honestly, it was as much homecoming for her as it was for me. My friends LOVE my mom and were happy that she came for a 2nd time. Yet my last two weeks in Benin were bittersweet. Sweet because of the time spend with colleagues and friend but bitter knowing I wouldn’t be living in Benin anymore.

Between postings all people in my position feet a fully paid ticket home. I feel like I spent 2 months planning my home leave and I thank God all went essentially as planned.

1st stop: Paris, France.

I was mom’s first time and she took it all in!! Our time in Paris included among other things: a boat tour of the monuments, shopping, going to the Musee d'Orsay, strolling through the Jardin de Luxumbourg, going to a French/English church, and seeing a How to Become a Parisien in an Hour play.


The quintessential
Famous hot chocolate and people-watching at Cafe de Flores 
Former railway station hall of Musee D'Orsay


Strolling through the Louvre Gardens
Chillin' w/ the ladies outside of Musee D'Orsay
Pics of us and the Palace at Luxembourg


2nd stop: Charlotte, NC Quality time with my mom, uncles and cousin
Cousin Fran and Uncle David


3rd stop: Chatsworth and San Diego, California, the land of my father, stepmom, brothers and a cousin


Cousin, stepmom, father and a bamboo bouquet in Japanese garden
4th stop: Back to Charlotte, NC.

I couldn’t leave Charlotte without taking a field trip with Grandma. We went to the Lazy 5 ranch. The closest thing to a safari, right in North Carolina!! So much fun!!!


Two beauties gazing upon one another

Two big guys sizing one another up

5th Stop: DC!

 I need to get more pics from friends:) I enjoyed them so much I forgot to take pics!

Last Stop: LIBERIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment