Thursday, September 17, 2015

Southern Cyprus: Stunning stones


Today we stayed close to home in the region of Pissouri Bay. We took a stroll around Pissouri Village about 10 minutes from my apartment.  As we climbed the hill to the village we were treated with stunning views of the bay.  Unfortunately I was so stunned I couldn't quite get a picture as beautiful as what my eyes saw.

Later in the afternoon we went to another stony beach near Episkopi.

Stunning.  

Stones.  

Everywhere.  




I mentioned to my friend how this is probably the most stones I have ever seen on a beach in my long life.  As I pondered these stones I thought about their diversity, strength and unassuming beauty.  How does a stone begin? How long did it take to get to something so small I could perch it on my knee? Does it start from a large cliff and end in sand or is it's formation much more complex?  I deeply enjoy vacation and the chance to ponder and appreciate simple yet complex creation

No comments:

Post a Comment