Saturday, July 5, 2014

Home sweet home

I have arrived at my permanent home:  A delightful 2-bedroom apartment.  It so different from living in the palatial 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath home I'd grown accustomed to in Benin but I welcome the difference.  

I've been here for about two weeks and I'm SO glad to be able to start nesting.  In my 1st week I started doing what I've grown to love: decorating.  These may look familiar to some of you who visited my home in Benin:)





Apt #3 Basil plants getting a good shower
Small joys of discoveries at home:  Today I noticed that each apartment has a garden plot in the front yard from previous/current tenants.  In my plot I was pleased as punch to discover I'd inherited two very healthy basil plants.  Aside from swiss chard, probably the best edible plant for me.  


Another view from my apartment:
The Atlantic Ocean on a very rainy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment