Monday, July 28, 2014

Ebola in town

First, a musical prelude. Yes, there is a song about it.

We're in West Africa, after all.  Music = communication and we desperately need excellent communication about this virus.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ebola-town-rapper-shadows-smash-hit-soundtrack-killer-plague-1458650

Isn't is catchy?  Morbid but danceable.  I pray it helps with raising awareness that the illness is to be taken seriously.

I think the fear and panic that surrounds the illness may rival the threat of the virus itself.   Fear can drive folk to do things reality doesn't warrant. As you may have heard, Ebola, like a rambunctious mischievous cousin who doesn't know when enough is enough, is thriving in Liberia. But even worse a spirit of fear and distrust has amplified its effect.

Please pray. The word stands true:
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there   I Chron 7:14-16
So let us join our Liberian and international brothers and sisters here and pray. In an all-hands meeting this afternoon, the Ambassador really captured the truth of the issue.  Money, government mandate and international involvement are limited in impacting the spread of the virus. This is at its core a human issue and every individual plays a role in either helping to spread through disobedience and carelessness or containing it through caution and wisdom. Pray that God's wisdom will touch the heart of each and every Liberian and international resident causing them to act out of love of their fellow man and humble submission to guidance, not fear and distrust of authorities.

Thank you, friend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment