Sunday, October 5, 2014

An excretion

Every Friday I go to ladies bible study.  Hands down the highlight of my week.

The study in early September was very unique because we had a special guest: Miss Constance Hill, aged 5. She is the daughter of a friend of the host, Rushie.

Immediately we found something we had in common: love for lounging in Rushie's hammock.  We became besties because neither of us were willing to forsake the lure of our hammock cocoon even if it meant sharing it with a perfect stranger.
As we were lounging, swinging and discussing the Book of Esther and I hear a little "blurp."  Miss Constance Hill
had relaxed herself to sleep while her stomach churned to the rhythm of the hammock. And up came her latest snack.
Now, living in Ebola times it's hard to ever look at throw-up, cough, sneeze, or any bodily fluid exiting someone else's body the same again.  But you know me, cool as a cucumber, I peeled the sleeping beauty off of me, helped her take her slightly soiled shirt off and used it to clean my generously soiled dress and sandal.  It was awkward yet serious yet funny.  I could feel the medical doctor I'd invited watching very carefully how I handled the body excretion. She instructed me to wash my hands. I complied. Anyways, the study continued and it was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment